Bernard Vogel, III
Bernie Vogel is a shareholder and the CEO and President of Silicon Valley Law Group. His practice emphasizes complex corporate transactions, investment financings, mergers and acquisitions, as well as the formation and maintenance of partnerships and limited liability companies. He provides ongoing business counseling to a variety of entities, ranging from venture capital firms and start up high tech and biotech companies. Advices on directors & officers liability, corporate governance, stock option plans, licensing, and contracts, as well as advice on complex tax issues with respect to transaction structuring, entity formation, reorganizations, and business succession planning. Before practicing law, Bernie was a certified public accountant.
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
U.S. Tax Court
Former Chair, Corporate Counsel Committee of the Santa Clara County Bar Association
Director Of Business San Jose Chamber PAC
Director and Past Chair of the Board of Directors, COMPAC (a business and political action committee)
Co-Founder & Director of Fat Tuesdays
- MapBox, Inc.
- TEGSCO, LLC, dba AutoReturn
- Spectros Corporation
- Point B, Inc. and Technology Services Industry Association (TSIA)
- Bridge Bank (Part of Western Alliance Bank)
- Goodwill of Silicon Valley
- MNM Partners
- EDC Biosystems, Inc.
- Premier Wireless, Inc.
- Zeno Semiconductor, Inc.
- Euclid Discoveries LLC
- Streamline Circuits
- Redwood Electric Group
- Served as lead corporate legal counsel to Spectros Corporation on its successful tax free reorganization merger into Jawbone (formally AliphCom, Inc.) in exchange for AliphCom, Inc. Series 8 Preferred Stock.
- Served as lead corporate legal counsel to Mapbox, Inc. on its successful $52,600,000 Series B Financing with DFJ Growth, Foundry Group, DBL Partners, Thrive Capital, Pritzker Group, Promus and Ventures.
- Served as corporate legal counsel to Peak Travel Group on its successful sale to Direct Travel, Inc.
- Served as counsel for Blueprint Ventures and other VC investment firms in the private placement of $10,000,000 of Series A preferred stock by Platform Solutions, Inc.; $6,000,000 of Series A Preferred Stock by Smartcatch Systems, Inc. and $7,500,000 of Series A Preferred Stock by Astoria Software, Inc.
- Serves as corporate counsel for TEGSCO, LLC, a company with $38,000,000 in annual revenue which manages the automobiles towed for parking and/or criminal violations in San Francisco, Baltimore County, Kansas, Austin, Indianapolis & San Diego. Bernie has been instrumental in helping the company locate and confirm financing during the highly competitive bidding process, which landed TEGSCO the contract with San Francisco.
- Court Appointed Liquidator in involuntary wind down and dissolution of Solar Notion, Inc., a ventured-back Delaware corporation.
- "Northern California Super Lawyer," San Francisco Magazine and Law and Politics Media, 2004-2006, 2008-2015, 2016-2020
- Member of The Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta, often called the Knights of Malta, or the Order of St. John
- Former Director and President, Law Foundation of Silicon Valley.
- Past Director (20 years) of YMCA of Santa Clara Valley
- Member, San Jose Rotary Club
- “Oh, Where, Oh Where will my Corporation go? Oh Where, Oh Where can it be?,” discussing common misperceptions incorporating a California business in Nevada
- Directors Face Increased Scrutiny, Need To Stay Well Informed – Silicon Valley Business Journal
- "How to Permanently Reduce Your Property Tax" - San Francisco Daily Journal / Daily Journal Corporation
- “The Legal Eagle” – Gentry Magazine
- Various articles in The Daily Journal and San Jose Magazine