Corporate & Securities
SVLG's experienced corporate attorneys help our domestic and international clients in all phases of the business life cycle. We take pride in our role as members of our clients' critical business advisory team.Overview of Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions – We have been involved in hundreds of middlemarket mergers and acquisitions, including both domestic and cross-border transactions. We represent buyers, sellers, private equity groups and other investors in transactions which range in value from $2 million to $200 million. Our clients span a wide variety of industries, including software, semiconductor, capital equipment, communications, networking, natural resources, agriculture, manufacturing, distribution and services.
- Public & Private Securities Compliance/Corporate Governance – We spend a substantial amount of time assisting clients with venture capital, private placements, PIPE transactions, reverse mergers and aspects of IPO's. We have worked extensively with corporate boards, helping them navigate complex securities issues, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Reorganizations – We have represented clients in numerous corporate restructurings, including recapitalizations, spin-offs, split-ups and other divisive reorganizations.
- Business Formation – We have formed hundreds of entities in several states for both domestic and foreign clients, including "C" corporations, "S" corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and joint ventures.
- Venture Capital & Private Equity – We are strongly connected to the venture capital and private equity industries and often provide clients with an introduction to these investors. We structure and negotiate venture capital and private equity investments for investors and funds.
- Commercial Transactions – We represent clients in a wide variety of contract matters, including agreements with distributors, sales representatives, OEMs, VARs and other resellers. We represent clients in negotiations with banks and financial institutions, equipment lessors and other lenders in transactions involve promissory notes, security agreements, guarantees, inter-creditor agreements and subordination agreements.
- Franchisor & Franchisee Representation – We help clients develop franchising strategies and clear the regulatory path to implementation through disclosure and registration. We evaluate franchises for prospective franchisees in light of their unique business and financial goals.
- Non-profit Organizations – We represent a number of non-profit institutions, including schools, counseling agencies and community centers. We help our clients apply for, obtain and maintain tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code, and counsel management regarding corporate governance issues.