Real Estate & Land Use
SVLG, located in one of the most dynamic real estate markets in the country, serves several core groups:
- Large Corporations (public and private) – We handle all real estate needs, including leasing, acquisitions, sales, development, land use and financing.
- Developers (local and national) – We assist with all aspects of projects, including entitlements, financing and joint ventures.
- Real Estate Investors (institutional and non-institutional) – We assist in preparing construction contracts and advising on contractors' license law, loan transactions, bankruptcy proceedings and myriad day-to-day operational issues.
- Brokers (commercial and residential) – We routinely facilitate broker licensing, listing agreements, disclosure requirements and dispute resolution.
We advise our clients on a variety of real estate issues and transactions:
- Purchases & Sales – including negotiating and documenting purchases and sales of land, office buildings, apartment buildings and shopping centers; transfer and other tax issues; disclosure requirements and due diligence.
- Real Estate Finance & Syndication – including the formation of limited partnerships and limited liability companies, federal and state securities law compliance, commercial loans, deeds of trust and joint ventures.
- Commercial Leasing – including negotiating and drafting leases as well as handling lease disputes, assignments and landlord-tenant issues.
- Broker-Related Transactions – including broker licensing, listing agreements, disclosure requirements and dispute resolution.
- Real Estate Workouts – including forbearance arrangements, debt restructuring, equity participation and refinancing.
- Land Use – including development agreements, zoning, compliance, permitting, variance and related environmental issues.
- Are Commissions Still Owing from Sales That Did Not Close?
- Mandatory Energy Disclosures for Commercial Property (Eff. date Postponed to Jan 1, 2012)
- Enforcing Loan Guarantees in an Anemic Economy: Beware of the Sham
- Sufficient bargained-for Consideration Will Render a Real Estate Option Irrevocable
- Hidden Environmental Pitfalls of Foreclosed Residential Properties
- Silicon Valley Law Group was one of the sponsors of Silicon Valley Brokers' Annual Golf Tournament. SVLG attorneys Bernie Vogel, Frank Maiorana and Jason Klawitter attended this event which was held at Cinnabar Hills Golf Club on September 13th
- SVLG Real Estate Group Assists Interstate Equities Corporation in $23m Apartment Acquisition
- SVLG Attorneys Recognized as Northern California Super Lawyers 2012